New u-boot 2020.04 firware

This morning I've noticed there's a new firware version avaliable in the website since May 9th, with updated uboot to 2020.04:
http://share.loverpi.com/board/libre-computer-project/libre-computer-board/aml-s805x-ac/firmware/
I've installed in my board and it seems to be running fine after a few hours running BOINC. Running the command neofetch now returns the correct CPU frequency (1.2Ghz) instead of the previous 1.5Ghz.
The only minor inconvenience I found is that my MAC address changed after the update.

Tagged:

Comments

• That was actually a beta release and we have a few more fixes. R2 should be here within a week to address those issues.
  • loverpi said:
    That was actually a beta release and we have a few more fixes. R2 should be here within a week to address those issues.
    I thought so, since you haven't made any announcements but it's great to see you guys pushing the update so quickly!!
  • @loverpi your team should also be aware that the eMMC USB drive is broken in that 2020-04-r1 beta release. It fails with an error "couldn't init USB controller" and returns to the main menu.
    I reverted to the 2019-04-r5 release and it resolved this issue.
    It also still does not fix the issue where the menu does not correctly process the arrow keys from a USB keyboard, so the cursor seems to lag behind a keypress and you end up selecting the wrong menu item. I did find a workaround: mash the CTRL key after pressing the arrow key until the cursor moves.

• @gblues We found the bug and it will be fixed in the next release coming shortly. Can you share specifics about your keyboard? Which language and model?
  • loverpi said:
    @gblues We found the bug and it will be fixed in the next release coming shortly. Can you share specifics about your keyboard? Which language and model?

I am also seeing the same issue with USB-keyboards. I have a whole bunch of them: some no-brand Chinaman-ones, some Logitechs, some Razers and so on, and they all exhibit the same issue.
  • My CoolerMaster Devastator 2 did that, and so does my current Kingston HyperX AlloyCore RGB. I've also noticed that while the keyboard works in the uboot menu and once the system is fully booted, it does not work during the grub selection
  • One of the things to note is that the u-boot keyboard handling stack is very simple and limited. Many of the more advanced keyboards do funny things with key input that may cause the readout to be different. There's the source code on github and you can print out key-presses to see what the actual keycode that a specific keyboard is sending.