New to pi (and potatos)

I’m new to this sector of computing, but quite interested in the potential of small systems. I often take salvaged office computers (and even an outdated gaming rig) and give them new life with a Linux install. The ability to have decent power in a handheld package with all the customization of a PC is impressive. Naturally, I have some questions:

1. What are good sites or references for reading up on what I can do with something like the Potato? I figure you might be able to give better references than a search engine.
  2. How well does Le Potato handle streaming music and movies? I have an old office machine for running streaming at home, but being able to take it on the road would be nice.
  3. What kind of performance should I expect using Le Potato for retro-gaming / emulation? What would be the limit of what it could handle?
  4. Has anyone had any luck making a Potato into a PotatoPilot? Battery-powered with a touchscreen interface like a tablet or old palm pilot.

For my questions above, if there is a specific distro or model of computer you recommend, please let me know.

This forum is mostly for support with our peripherals and Raspberry Pi. For help with Libre Computer products, please use see the Libre Computer Hub.